Friday, July 07, 2006


There is no text book explaining precisely how to do my job. No person training me until I am competent. Only countless books of theories by strangers who "know best" how to RAISE A CHILD. I wish there was an intense 9 month training course one could take while pregnant on how to raise a child. But unfortunately, I will have to do this by trial and error.

A few things I have learned are:
1. Each child is SO different.
2. The teacher learns more than the student.
3. Patience is a virture (that I must pray for every day).
4. Listen.
I have countless lessons yet to learn.
This is our family in April. Tim and me. Austin - 8, Gavin - 2, Layla - 6 months.


2 comments:

Lianna said...

Thanks for being my teacher Allison. Remember, I am your apprentice, I watch and learn :)I am looking forward to becoming a parent, and hopefully mine will be as cute as yours.

Amy Marie said...

Alli your family is too cute!!! I miss you~~

Amy Earnest