Saturday, February 28, 2009

We had planned on spending Tim's day off this week at the snow. We've been wanting to go for a long time now and there was rain in the forecast the previous week, so we thought there would be fresh snow in the mountains nearby. But apparently the rain missed us, so no snow. We went to Old Town for the day instead. I haven't been in a very long time - since before I even met Tim. It was a gorgeous day and the kids had fun walking around.



We asked some random guy to take a picture of us. Of course the kids weren't going to smile for him. I guess it's probably good that they don't smile for strangers though.



Gretta loves the Baby Bjorn. She fell asleep in it for most of the time. She's just getting a little heavy in it. Carrying her around was my workout that day.



Tim's parents joined us for lunch at Acapulco's. YUM!!



Towards the end of our meal, one of those Mariachi guys came over with his guitar and asked if we would like him to play us a song. I requested Guantanamera - a favorite - and he played it beautifully of course. He finished and we were about to leave when he promptly stated "I only work for tips". The silence following was awkward needless to say. What nerve! Gary graciously pulled out a couple of ones and handed them to they guy. I was appreciative of the song, but didn't expect the request for payment following the performance.

It reminded me of when Tim and I were on our honeymoon in Mazatlan, Mexico. A man asked if I'd like to hold his gigantic pet Iguana - I thought it was pretty cool and Tim took a picture of me holding it. The man then demanded money for us having taken a picture with his prize iguana. I guess I should learn to ask for the service estimate before I make a purchase?



The kids loved:



Riding an OLD school wagon,



Fighting over the cannon,



But their favorite thing was shooting daddy.

1 comments:

Holman Family said...

Looks like you guys had alot of fun, wish I could be there! :)