No, not Middle School!
I didn't like Junior High - actually, I hated it! It's a difficult time in an adolescents life, they're learning who they are and what they want to believe. Some kids are just jerks but others become your friends for life.
I attended Austin's 5th grade promotion ceremony this week. Yes, it was a promotion to 6th grade, not a graduation to Middle School. These past 11 years have flown by. I've told Austin repeatedly this year that I won't let him go to that horrible place known as Middle School. I want him to stay little. I'm just joking of course (partly) but initially he took me seriously and tried to convince me that he needed to move on. I've accepted that it is time and wish him luck. I know he's a good kid and will do awesome.
Friends Morgan (above) and Tanner (below)
Best friend Grant (above) Austin and Mrs. Hammon (below)
Mom & Dad
I made him one of those candy card things. He was so excited! Probably not so much about the card as the candy. He proceeded to rip it apart following the ceremony to get at the candy.
Just he and I went to the Elephant Bar for dinner following the ceremony. He got one of those fruity $5 drinks that I never usually agree to getting. He was so funny, he kept on getting up out of his seat and giving me a hug and telling me he loves me. Funny kid. Happy kid. Good kid.
Friday, June 19, 2009
Posted by
Allison
at
4:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
I can't believe that he graduated and is moving onto middle school, that makes me feel old..lol
Congrats Austin!!
Cute kid! I love that adorable little freckle face!
Wow, congratulations! Honestly I hated junior high too. I'm glad I wasn't the only one!
I still think he is a baby in my head, then I see all these photos and realize that his is probably going to be taller than me in about a year or so...
good luck in middle school!! <3<3
So cute! Wow, the last 11 years have flown by - I can't believe he is so big!! He is an awesome kid, and he has GREAT parents to help guide him. I loved looking at the pics, thanks for sharing! :)
Post a Comment