Monday, March 24, 2008


Double Digits!
Austin turned 10 this past week (the 19Th). For his birthday I surprised him with our family going to Disneyland and he got to skip school. We had an awesome day and his favorite part was not any particular ride, but Tom Sawyer's island. This is Austin's ultimate playground - an island with tunnels, bridges and tree houses. He honestly could have played the entire day there.
I am amazed at how quickly the past 10 years has gone. I feel like I've grown up with him in a way. He's taught me so much and keeps a special place in my heart. Here's a few things that make Austin so special to me...
-10 things I love about Austin-
1. His infectious smile
2. He is the epitome of what a boy is and should be
3. His ability to make me laugh
4. He's athletic and I get to be competitive with him
5. Red hair and freckles (he doesn't like them, but I love them)
6. He is very insightful - he asks me thought provoking questions all of the time that aren't satisfied with a simple answer - he really makes me think.
7. He is very caring and loving
8. He's constantly on the go and always keeps me on my toes
9. He has a sweet, tender spirit
10. He made me a mother
HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY!!!

6 comments:

Holman Family said...

I cant believe that he is ten.. wow it has gone by fast!! Happy Birthday Austin, love you guys!!

Chris said...

Gosh this Boy is 10!!! How did that happen! he is just a three year old little guy in my mind! - And wow his hair is red - i always thought of him as being a blonde - he was a blonde as a baby wasn't he? Isn't it funny how some people just stay little in your mind forever - Well happy Birthday Austin Boy - Love ya lots!

Nicole said...

Crazy!!! Can you even believe how fast that time has gone! He is getting so big! What a cute older bro he is! When do you guys find out what baby #4 is?! I LOVE the name Jett Mason. It is so cute together. Jett is actually my top choice...but I have yet to convince Jeff of it...oh well. We'll see. :)
Have a great day! Thanks for the fun comments. :)

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allison said...

Nicole,
We'll find out what baby #4 is when he/she is born! We're going to be surprised with this one. I figure that I already have boys and a girl and have everything I would possibly need for either, so I want to be surprised. Good luck with the delivery and everything!

Erin Hoy said...

Alison - I can't believe that Austin is 10! I was his primary teacher when he was 5 and it seems like just yesterday! Anyway - Hope you and your family are doing well! Talk to you later

Erin Hoy