Tuesday, April 15, 2008

OK! Finally, I did it...
Yes, I finally gave in to see what the big deal was. I was waiting to read this until I finished THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA - but reached the 6th book and became bored. I decided to switch gears from talking animals to a Vampire love story. I hesitated because it sounded too cheezy to be really interesting but I was completely captivated from the first chapter . I would read for hours and finished in just two days. (Now, I normally don't read much more than magazine articles because I don't really find the time, so to read close to 500 pgs in 2 days is quite a feat.) I found myself intrigued by the characters and the story. The silly sounding plot seemed all too possible.
So, if you haven't relented yet to the buzz about Stephenie Meyer's Twilight, I highly recommend reading it. I can't wait to read the next book in the series!

7 comments:

The Edwards Family said...

I read all three books. I could not put them down. It took me twelve days to read all three. The last one I just finished on Sunday night and stayed up late to finish it. I can't wait for the fourth one to come out August 2nd.

Holman Family said...

Yay!! you finished the first one.. you will the love the next two!! Enjoy.. No. im not going to tell you what happens..lol

Nicole said...

AHHH!!! Yay! LOVE these books. Love them. I don't know what else to say. I'm curious to hear what you think about the third...
Hurry and finish them before the fourth comes out!!!

Also,how did the walk for MS go??? I had no idea about Jessica. We will definitely keep her in our prayers. And is it too late to donate? Hmm...maybe I should just email you..this is getting long. :)
Love you lots
oh ps
When do we get to see some cute pregnancy shots?!

Chris said...

Ditto on the prego shots! Except knowing you you probably aren't even showing yet... lol


ha you got sucked into Twilight!

joelandbecca said...

Yes it's true, I read them all...and even though I always recommend them, I am always a bit hesitant. It is such a hard thing to explain! But, I love it when someone else likes these books. It makes me feel less crazy! I read them all in two weeks...Joel would cry that a book would come between us at night. Hopefully Tim is more understanding!

Allison said...

I totally understand about the hubby being jealous, Becca! I told Tim that once I finished all of then, there would be nothing else to read (until the next one comes out). I stayed up until 1am last night finishing the 3rd! Can't wait for the next one!

brooke said...

I also gave in. But I'm so glad I did. I also noticed that "Cedric Diggory" from Harry Potter will be playing Edward in the movie...a little disappointing, but I'll get over it!