Layla was supposed to be napping yesterday and instead decided to empty out her half full jar of Aquaphor (similar to Vaseline - maybe thicker) onto her hair. Yes, her hair is covered in a sticky, greasy, non-water soluble mess.
I guess I was a little naiive to trust her with a jar of this stuff in her room, but I thought that she knew that it was for her skin. Maybe she was copying daddy and thought that it was hair gel. I can't find my camera, so this is all you get for now - she looks like a little wet rat, but her hair is actually dry.
I looked online for solutions and all of the ones I've tried have not worked yet:
-repeatedly shampooing (no good)
-Cornstarch, then shampoo (helped a little but not much)
-Baby Oil then shampoo (still greasy)
Next I'm going to try baking powder -then shampoo. . .
If you have any solutions to my grease ball of a daughter's mess, please share!






6 comments:
I am so sorry!!! I'm sure she looks hilarious, though, and this makes a great story! Good luck...I'll try to come up with something you haven't already tried.
on another note...your almost 19 weeks?! Yay!!! How is everything going with the pregnancy?? Hopefully great.
Love you lots,
Nicole
Dish Soap --- I think --- it i supposed to cut grease right --- Then I would shampoo again???
So sorry!!!
oooh my gosh.. crazy layla. i saw this article that said liquid dish soup with degreaser or liquid laundry detergent (ex:tide) hopefully that works
Oh my...what a cute little Layla. I'm sure you had to make yourself laugh at one point, right? I thought the same thing when Stephen was watching the kids and Sienna poured half a bottle of shampoo over Chloe's head at 6 months old. Hope you got it out okay!!
so...just curious...what worked??? My mom said she saw you the other day. How fun to run into each other. I wish I were there!!! How are things?
Love ya
Found my camera to take a pic. but the dilemma has been solved. I think that the best solution was a combination of degreasing dish soap (thanks Chris), and time (about 5 days of greasy hair). Anyways, thanks for the comments!
Post a Comment