Friday, September 19, 2008


Free Stuff!!

My dad owns a moving company and this has its occasional perks. I get a free truck whenever I need to move something and sometimes get free furniture. Ever since I was little, I can remember him bringing home items of furniture (stuff someone he moved that day no longer wanted). We rarely had anything that was bought brand new - most everything was brought home by my dad. We would swap out or upgrade existing unwanted furniture for something slightly better that he would bring home.


Now that I have my own house, he occasionally asks me if I want certain items from a move and I am very cautious in accepting. This week he calls and asks if I want a white desk for a little girls room. Since Layla's only piece of furniture is her bed, I decided to take a look at this desk. Amazingly, it is in pristine condition and as adorable as can be. I find that it is Pottery Barn Kids furniture and practically brand new. (Probably worth $600-$700 new) Who in their right mind would give away something like that?! I'll take it! Here is pic of it in her room - super cute! (I feel like I won the lottery or something.)

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow...so cute!! That is really awesome!!! Good luck with the little one!!!
Love you lots!!

Holman Family said...

Quite the steal..I bet Layla loves it!!

Lianna said...

your title was discieving, I thought you were giving this stuff away for free. I was confused why Layla didn't want such a cute desk. I am excited for you. Now she will have something to color on besides the walls :)

brooke said...

Sign me up on your dad's give-away list! Holy goodness! The desk is completely adorable.