Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Valance & Pillows



I saw this quilt at Kohls for the boys room and fell in love with the color combo. I didn't want to spend $60 ea. for them though. So I bought one, matched & measured then returned it. And this is what I came up with...




Pretty close match, right? I changed the border to the brown and the quilting is different though. I made two quilts for less than I could buy one for at Kohls. Plus I have fabric left over for accent pillows and valances. I love my sewing machine!

7 comments:

nicole aka gidget said...

Go Alli! Very impressive!

Nicole said...

Wow...I really am impressed. That is so cool. And I actually likes yours better. The binding might be what does it. You're so awesome! You are looking so cute and tiny too.
And congrats to Tommy. Weddings are so exciting!
Love ya lots

Lianna said...

yay, new posts! I love all the pictures of you guys on your trip, looks like fun.
You are lucky you can sew, the quilts looks nice! I can't believe how soon you are due. I can't wait to see him/her :)

Holman Family said...

The quilt's turned out awesome alli!! I'm glad gavin likes his room soo much..hehe. tty soon:)

Unknown said...

Wow! I didn't know you were an intense quilter! I guess you need to do something in you spare time? while you wait for your next bundle of joy:) Looks awesome!

Jessica said...

Okay, I'm just going to say what all the rest of us women are thinking. We are totally jealous of your craftiness and every time we see one of your new creations we say, "Oh Alli it's so cute!", but really inside we're thinking, "GREAT! Another cute thing she made that makes me look bad! And realize how untalented I am in the sewing/craft department!" No, I'm just kidding! Or am I? Either way it really is cute. So now you know what I'm really saying. :)

AnnaMarie said...

I like yours even better!