Tuesday, September 09, 2008




This was in Flag at a dormant volcano. All of the black surrounding us was volcanic rock. Super cool! We hiked a trail and got about to the middle and got pelted with rain and hail by a sudden monsoon. Gavin and I didn't even have jackets on. Tim grabbed Layla, Jessica grabbed Sean and ran to the car (about 1/2 a mile away) to escape the downpour. That left me to grab Gavin and run and I can hardly run on my own. It must have been hilarious to watch a 7 month pregnant woman dragging her 4 year old through a monsoon. I was laughing so hard at my inability to run that I had to keep stopping and catching my breath (and try not to pee my pants in the process). By the time we got to the car, everyone was soaking wet. Good times.


Staying cool in the Gilbert - with the aid of AC of course. I don't think that the temp. got below 113 degress the entire time we were there. The kids had fun playing inside though.

Left: Caden, Gavin, Kelsie & Layla



Lovin' the car ride! Maybe this is a little cruel of me to take a picture while she's screaming, but I had to laugh to avoid joining her in screaming.

0 comments: