I guess I've never really been to AZ- other than just driving through. We stayed in Gilbert for a few days with Tim's mission companion Marc and his family and then drove up to Flagstaff for a few days to see my brother and his family. (I heard a joke recently that you know you're cheap when you only go on vacation where you can stay with friends or relatives - maybe this isn't completely true. We did really appreciate their hospitality and have been promising to go for a long time! Thanks Marc & Heidi and Jacob & Jess)
While in Flag, we drove up to the Grand Canyon and it was GORGEOUS! I was pretty nervous the entire time because the railings don't really keep children from falling through into the depths of the canyon, and of course my free spirited Layla has to do everything on her own (doesn't like to hold hands and wants to go where she pleases).
Flagstaff is beautiful too! It is about 7,000 ft. elevation and looks more like Oregon than AZ to me. There are countless pine trees and the highways are surrounded in beautiful yellow wildflowers. The climate was much like SD with the exception of their afternoon Monsoons.





2 comments:
She is so darling. She looks so grown up in this picture, not much like a toddler anymore! I'm getting so excited for you...I can't believe only 33 days left. (you probably can, though!) Hope everything is going great. We'll be there for Christmas this year...will you be around??!!
Love ya lots
Sounds like you guys had alot of fun on her family vacation.:) The kids look so cute in all the pictures.
Post a Comment