Tuesday, September 01, 2009

So sad to see summer go, but excited for Fall to be here. It's my absolute favorite season! I love wearing cozy sweaters, the scent of pumpkin spice candles burning, slathering on pumpking pie lotion, seeing the trees change color, decorating with pumpkins (OK, I love pumpkins) and spending time with family inside.
We've had a very busy but fun summer. (I hate the word BUSY - people use it too often when they're really not, but I do feel justified in using it now ;)

Some summer highlights...

Berry picking


Trip to Spanish Fork & Thanksgiving Point



4th of July Family Barbecue


Swimming at the Beach and the Pool


Trips to the Zoo & The Wild Animal Park



Trip to Palm Springs




And a visit to March Air Force Museum




...to name a few.

All of this culminates with the start of school. Yesterday I said goodbye to my big boys. One off to MIDDLE SCHOOL!


and the other to Kindergarten



I spared Austin the embarassment of a doting mother on the first day of school and opted to drop him off at the middle school parking lot and say a quick "goodbye". So, many of these shots are of Gavin since he doesn't mind the lengthy goodbyes and picture taking yet.





I'm sad to see them grown up, but at the same time excited for the new adventures they will experience.

0 comments: