Layla started a tap/ballet dance class in January. If you know Layla, she's extremely shy with those she doesn't know and in new situations - so week after week without fail she would cry for the majority of the class period. I would prep her and give her praise each week - hoping that she would eventually get over the crying. However, it continued for 5 months!!
Her teacher, Miss Celina tried her best to encourage her.
Layla would often cling to Miss Kayla (above left) - the class assistant.
The culminating event of the dance year is a huge 2 day recital at The CA Center for the Arts. Each class had been rehearsing a routine to perform at the recital. Layla, of course had always stood and cried during these rehearsals. I would have bet BIG money that Layla wouldn't even go on stage for her routine.
She had a dress rehearsal the week of the recital. She went on stage, but was the only girl that just stood there with her hand over her face.
Recital day came...
maybe it was the costumes or the crowd or the screaming & adoring fans...
but she proved me wrong and performed beautifully in front of hundreds of strangers!! I was amazed and so proud! Way to go big girl!!
Friday, June 11, 2010
Posted by
Allison
at
9:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
yay for Layla! She looks so adorable in her costume!!
I would say it was the costume. I mean who wouldn't feel confidant in an outfit like that?! I was wondering how much you bought your keyboards for when you got them on Black Friday? I saw some on E-bay for $90 a piece. Thought I'd ask. I'm so excited to start my classes. Starting to send out my recruiting packets!
So cute! I have to agree with Jessica. It was the costume;)
Post a Comment