For years and years and YEARS my sister, mom, grandma and aunt have attended BYU education week. And for all of those years, I have had some valid excuse not to attend like "I don't have anyone to watch my kids", "I'm too busy to take a week off", or "oh, I just had a baby".
This year was different.
I needed a break - a major time out. So, I bought my plan ticket and made arrangements to attend. And I'm so glad I did!
The trip began with a connecting flight leaving me with major motion sickness. I'll spare you the messy ending, but I was completely mortified. Luckily the trip was positive from then on.
We were educated and uplifted by some amazing teachers. My favorites were S. Michael Wilcox (Temple), Ron L. Anderson (Abe Lincoln), Ronald E. Bartholomew (Modern-day villains) & Marvin Goldstein (piano, of course)!
Mom & Aunt Annette
Me & Jess (sis) - waiting for class to begin.
Eating amazing cinnamon rolls & chocolate milk. This picture was typical of most mornings. I don't even want to think of how many calories I consumed each day.
Shopping at Rod Works
MANY quilt shops - I LOVED Pine Needles at Gardner village
This sign is oh, so true.
We were able to see a cute production of Annie Get Your Gun put on by BYU arts. 
I told my crew that if I lived there, I would "get fat & go broke" due to the amount of eating and shopping we partook in. Which wouldn't be such a bad thing, because it was sure fun!
Sadly, the week ended and I'm back in SD. The reality of the business of fall, school starting and resonsibilities have smacked me square in the face. But I'm so grateful to have had that time to refuel as a mom and share precious time with my family!
A special thanks to my mother-in-law and amazing husband for picking up my slack while I was gone!





2 comments:
that sounds like so much fun! Maybe next year I will have to go!
Sounds like you had a great time!
Post a Comment