Battle Hymn of the Republic
-Julia Ward Howe 1819-1910
Verse 2: He has sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call retreat;
He is sifting out the hearts of men before his judgment seat.
Oh, be swift, my soul, to answer him;
be jubilant my feet!
Our God is marching on.
Verse 3: In the beauty of the lilies, Christ was born across the sea,
With a glory in his bosom that transfigures you and me.
As he died to make men holy,
let us live to make men free,
While God is marching on.
Chorus: Glory, glory, hallelujah!
Glory, glory hallelujah!
Glory, glory hallelujah!
His truth is marching on.
I love this hymn and the lyrics in it. These days, patriotism is expected of Americans but support of the statement "One Nation Under God" (as our Pledge of Allegiance states) is not necessary to show that patriotism. I love this nation and I'm grateful for the divinely inspired documents and the bold hands that penned them. It's nice to be reminded that so many Americans fought and died for this nation so that I can enjoy my freedom from religious oppression in "the Land of the Free".
Happy Independence Day!!
I finally finished my wall hanging that has been assembled and awaiting quilting on my dining room table for about a month. So now I have my one and only flag decor. for the 4th of July.





3 comments:
wooohoo..one project down, 7 more to go..lol jk.. soo cute.. I love it!!
That is so cute! I love it!
So cute. You do so many fun projects!! I still have not figured out how to get those into my day...
How are you doing???? I'm sure you're looking fabulous!
I love that hymn, too! Thanks for your thoughts. :)
Post a Comment