Crayon Smuggler
I've been working on decorating Layla's room ever since we moved into our house about a year ago. I've been dreaming of the perfect little girls room and collecting things over the months that would fit. I finally put together my thoughts and painted her wall in large pink and white stripes (very time consuming), hung pictures, mirrors, made curtains and got bedding. It was looking super cute until Layla decided to smuggle a crayon into her room. I say "smuggle", because she has drawn on her walls before (pre-pink stripes) and has not been allowed to color in her room since.
I got her up from her nap last week and found a colorful family portrait in red and purple crayon. I was really upset at first, then I started laughing because the pictures were so good - very detailed, they even have eyebrows. I could tell that she had spent a lot of time (nap time) on these works of art. Although my perfect paint job is no longer pristine, I think the new family portrait is adorable.
Layla loves drawing and coloring so much -maybe she'll be a famous artist someday. I haven't decided whether I should repaint or just leave it as is. Atleast I have pictures to remember her first mural.





7 comments:
I'm sorry Allison, but I am impressed with your good attitude. At least it was in her room. I like the baby in your belly :)
i agree alli, she is going to be a famous artist someday..lol Don't paint over her first mural.:)
That is so cute and funny! I just found your blog, and it's fun to see the things you've been up to. Your kids are SO cute and I LOVE the names Gavin and Layla! :)
Okay, as frustrating as it would be...it is SO darn cute! She did such a good job. :) And so did you on her room, too cute! Hope you're feeling good...let's see some shots of cute prego you!
Love ya
she had sweet intentions, huh? you should post more pics of her cute room! you have my interest piqued now! :)
So cute! I still have wall are up in the boys room!
Hi!!!
Maybe those around you know, but I haven't heard....do you guys have names picked for boy/girl? I know you were doing Jett Mason?? Possibly? I am jealous, Jeff vetoed that name. But it is SOOO cute!
we need to chat..maybe I'll just call you!
love ya
Post a Comment