Thursday, November 06, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday Layla!
Layla turned 3 on Sept 20th and we had a ladybug birthday party! Everything was red with black polka dots (Layla's favorite). We had a barbecue at our house and invited Layla's little buddies to play.
(I'm very late in posting this but, again, I have been busy with all of these kids around here.)
Blowing out the candles.

Embarassed that everyone is staring at her.

Lining up for pin the spot on the ladybug.

Eating some yummy chips and giving dirty looks.

Kids playing with balloons in the yard. The balloons kept flying over the fence and into the street. I think they were a hit anyways.

Mini M&M favors. YUM!

You can't really tell from the picture, but these are ladybug cupcakes (of course!) Red frosting, an Oreo for wings and a Junior mint for a head with red icing for spots and eyes. I had to use a special icing dye to get it really red. It was turning eveyone's lips and teeth pink! It was really funny!


and here's the mama ladybug. Her spots kept sliding off of her back though.
Layla had so much fun, even now (a month and a half later) she talks about her ladybug birthday when she sees red or polka dots.
We love our little Layla Rose - stinky toes (as daddy calls her). She is so silly and brings such joy to our family!

3 comments:

HammondFam said...

How creative are you?!! I just made a plain chocolate cake for Madison's B-day , and called it a day! Goodness, I have got to step up my game for next year! :)

joelandbecca said...

What a cute theme! Happy Birthday Layla!

AnnaMarie said...

Wow, it all looks so cute! Too bad we couldn't come. Happy Belated Birthday Layla!