Monday, December 01, 2008

2 Blessings and a Wedding!
We've had quite an eventful weekend. Tommy & Lauren were sealed in the SD temple on Saturday and Gretta was blessed on Sunday with her cousin Caiya. It was the perfect day to bless the babies because all of the family was in town. Nate blessed Caiya first and gave a beautiful blessing to her. She looked absolutely adorable in her little white gown.
Then Tim blessed Gretta and also gave a sweet blessing to her. A father blessing his baby is such a tender moment to witness. I'm grateful for Tim and his worthiness to be able to bless our children.
Here are the proud mommy and daddy - Jessica & Nate with baby Caiya Nicole Holman.


Sisters & Cousins
My dad was saying that the babies looked like David and Goliath next to one another. Gretta is only 3 weeks older than Caiya, but she appears to be a giant next to her little cousin. Jessica was having trouble finding a small enough blessing gown for her baby, and I actually had to let out the buttons in the back of Gretta's so that she could squeeze into it.



Here they are together. They were perfectly content when we put them next to each other -they were actually falling asleep. Too precious!



Caiya's face got a little too close to Gretta at one point and Gretta tried to suck on her. We were afraid Caiya was going to be Gretta's lunch.


Gretta was so good the entire day. She and Caiya both slept through their blessings. And Gretta slept throughout most of our luncheon afterwards.



Four generations. My mom, me, Gretta, and my dad's parents - Gretta's great Grandpa & Grandma Barnum.



Layla was the flower girl for Tommy & Lauren, but she wouldn't even look at their photographer for a picture, so I think this was the only one taken of her even looking at the camera - let alone smiling.




Bridesmaid: Ashlynd, Groomsmen: Jon & Kaden
These are the only pics I got, but more can be seen at:
The happy couple!

They are too cute together! The sealing and receptions was absolutely beautiful. We wish them an eternity of happiness together!!

3 comments:

joelandbecca said...

So sweet. Gretta is beautiful. You are right, father's blessings are the sweetest thing to witness. That picture of Layla and Gavin is priceless! They are so cute together.

Jessica said...

I am really sorry that we could not be there for the blessing. We hated to miss it, but oh well. Tommy and Lauren were so cute! I was glad that we could be there for their wedding. Gretta has the fullest lips I have ever seen and they are the perfect shape! She is even more beautiful than her pics. Thank you for letting me hold her so much while I was there!

Nicole said...

congrats to everyone! What a fun (and full) weekend! Gretta is just darling and so is Caiya. I love the colors at the wedding!
And your new wreath is really cute. You did great. I really LOOVE the ribbon idea. When I get around to making a wreath, I'll have to try that out!