My dilemma...
A blank wall. It is the wall you can see directly ahead as you walk in the house. People have commented "oh, how long have you lived here?" implying possibly that it looks like I just moved in recently. No, I've been here for almost 2 years!
I guess I can attribute this problem to my indecisiveness or a need for it to be perfect and just what I like. Who wants to spend money and time on something and end up not liking it -right?
So I have this picture in my mind of what I want now and got some Christmas $$ (thanks mom & dad) and need some help choosing from a few options. I want to wallpaper (yes, I said wallpaper - some are actually very beautiful) in a bold print but a neutral color that will go with existing furniture then add bold black frames and some green accents.
Choice #1 - Here is a picture of a white and sand (same as wall color) leafy damask along with my current wall color and a black frame.
Choice #2 - Tan and darker tan damask.
Choice # 3 - Same as #2 but has a little bit of an iridescent sheen - the picture doesn't do it justice.
Choice #4 - Same tones, but kind of a paisley print.
Choice #5 - Paintable textured paper. (This is really cool, but may be a little bit more work than prepasted paper and a little harder to remove if I ever want to change it.)
Choice #6 - Paintable textured paper in an octagon and diamond print.
OK, so I'm relying on you blogging people to help me decide. I won't tell you which my fav's are - but I do like all of them. I WILL be choosing next week and will need your expert advice - or not so expert opinions. Just comment on which you like best of these options 1-6. Don't let me down!
(Oh, and if you don't like any of them or just don't care what I do with something as trivial as fill a wall, then just don't comment at all please:) Thanks!
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Posted by
Allison
at
12:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





18 comments:
Tuff - Can we see a picture of the rest of the room? Furniture?
I REALLY like #3 with the iridescent sheen. It's my favorite by far! I like #6 too if you did paint it- it'll probably be a lot of work, but it's really unique and would probably be quite stunning.
I vote #6! But #1 is my second vote.
Oops, I'm a dork, I meant to say that #5 is my fav!
I like #1 best, but they are all really nice! Can't wait to see the finished project!
I like #1 the best of the first 3, then #5 better than 6 cuz 6 is too busy. I was just thinking about wallpaper too, you've proven to me that there are way cooler prints nowadays.
i like #1 and 3:)
My vote is number 3! But, I am all about a little sheen and gleam! Can't wait to see what you choose. Regardless they are all beautiful! And remember what the Nester says "it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful" But, you should love it!
#1
I vote for the first one. It's such a large wall that I think the larger print would look better than something small and busy.
haha - gotta love a good Beastie boys - song --- that song get sung to me a lot... so funny -
ok so I think number 4... only because it's something different. I should post s picture of what my brother did to our wall. He painted a design on the wall from one of John's ties. It looks awesome. I actually got the idea from you and your striped red wall. So back to your designs...the shiney one comes in second for me.
Oooh, cool choices! I like number 2 or 3 best, I can't really tell for sure how the iridescent one would look different. They would both be awesome!
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I know, I wish we would have gotten the chance to talk at church! Your kids looked SO cute, I love how you do your daughter's hair!
Hmmm...You guys are making it tougher for me. You all like different ones - No big leader. OK, so I think I've eliminated #3 even though it is beautiful, it has a silver looking sheen and I don't really have any silver in that room, more gold tones I guess. Still thinking on the others. Thanks so far!
I like #5 the best because it is not 2 dementional and the black an white are a good contrast with your wall color. My second choice is #4 because you can never go wrong with paisley. Have you ever considered maybe using some COLOR though? Your furniture is a neutral and so are your walls. What if you got 4 medium to large canvases and covered them in colored fabrics that correspond with eachother and hang them in a square pattern? I don't know that was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw that wall. Can't wait to see what you do with it!
Number 5 cause you don't see that kind of work done in people's houses plus its a beautiful print. I might just have to look into doing something like that too on my 3 empty walls!
I like #5.
Your mom likes #4, but I(lauren) like 1, 4, and 5:)
Post a Comment